Re: RARA-AVIS: Murderous geniuses

From: Jeff Vorzimmer (
Date: 06 Apr 2004

I've been lurking about the this list for the better part of a year and thought I should make a contribution to this thread.

Wasn't there some allusion in one of the two Lou Ford books to his being some kind of child prodigy? Seems to me I remember something to that effect.

As far as murderous geniuses go, the character that first comes to mind is Tom Ripley. Multilingual, cultured, intelligent, cool under fire, totally unflappable--especially in John Malkovich's portrayal of the character and, to a lesser extent, Matt Damon's. Dennis Hopper's portrayal was so long ago, it's hard for me to remember.