Re: RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled mass-market

From: Marc Seals ( mseals@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: 03 Apr 2004

Thanks for the link. I notice that this article mentions John Corrigan's SNAP HOOK, the sequel to CUT SHOT. I asked if anyone else had read Corrigan last month, but no one responded. I've read CUT SHOT and liked it, but I have not yet gotten SNAP HOOK.

The article says: Another new member of the group is University Press of New England, whose Hardscrabble Books imprint has successfully published literary fiction. The mystery genre is a "bit of a an experiment for us," says editor John Landrigan. "[But] like many university presses, we saw an opportunity in the creeping blockbuster mentality of New York publishers to pick up worthwhile books that didn't necessarily fit their 'more is more' paradigm." Released last month, Hardscrabble Crime's first title, a golfing mystery entitled SNAP HOOK by John Corrigan, will be followed by the sequel, CENTER CUT, in the fall.

----- Original Message ----- Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled mass-market