Re: RARA-AVIS: Donald Goines

From: David Moran ( davidm@shakespeare-nyc.com)
Date: 25 Mar 2004

That's a good question. Holloway House, the publisher that puts out pretty much all Donald Goines's these days, also carries a ton of stuff like that
(e.g. "Black Hit Woman", "Street of Ho's", "Memoirs of a Black Casanova") that is so ridiculously cliched and stereotypical, I can't believe that it wasn't a 50-year-old white guy in the 1970s writing it. Most of them seem to have been written pseudonymously, though, so we'll probably never know.

David Moran