Re: RARA-AVIS: Blue books

From: JT Lindroos ( juha@oivas.com)
Date: 29 Feb 2004

>>Well, as I say, I had a little help from PBS. The blues is one of my
favourite kinds of music, but I'd never heard of Ruby Walker or most of the others before, and was surprised to find they were real people.<<

And appropriately enough, of course the title of Jim's latest book -- CYPRESS GROVE -- (which I haven't yet had the chance to read) comes from a great Skip James song. Whenever I'm reading a good hardboiled (or western for that matter) stuff, I like to play some Howlin' Wolf or Frankie Lee Sims or Memphis Minnie or Blind Willie Johnson or Nina Simone or Mississippi John Hurt or... some great and sad stories in both the songs and the lives of all those great folk. --Juha.

--
JT Lindroos
Wit's End Publishing