RARA-AVIS: Boris Vian

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 28 Feb 2004

Mark Sullivan wrote: I think I'll read the first upon finishing Vian's I Spit on Your Graves (thanks for that recommendation, too).

*************** Shouldn't take long to finish the Vian! It's a short book. Like Hallas's YOU PLAY THE BLACK AND THE RED COMES UP, there's a strong belief that it was written with tongue in cheek.

Vian took a lot of grief over I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE. Although it saw print, it was banned everywhere. He wrote it using a pseudonym, and he was heavily fined when the courts found out he wrote it. He died while watching the filming of the movie adaptation.

miker