Re: RARA-AVIS: SW HB: Brian/Tieresias

From: Jim Beaver ( jumblejim@prodigy.net)
Date: 27 Feb 2004

Mark wrote:

> Me: It's been a while since I've read them, but I recall Bernard
> Schopen's gloomy (in a good way) books being set in SW deserts (but I
> guess they can't be noir since so many of the sinister actions took
> place in the bright sun) and JMT Miller's were set on the Mexican
> border. I have not yet read anything by Richard Abshire, but I know his
> (their, isn't it?) books are well thought of on the list; aren't they
> set in Dallas? Oh, what about Edward Mathis's Dan Roman? I used to
> love that series.

I'm a big fan of Abshire's, as I've mentioned a number of times. Yes, they are set in Dallas.

If we can put off the Southwest discussion for several more years, I can perhaps be finished with my Dallas-set PI novel. I've only been working on it for about seven years, so I could hardly be expected to have it ready for a discussion next month. It's not like anybody can crank one of these things out in a mere lustrum!

Jim Beaver