Re: RARA-AVIS: noir once and for all

From: Lehane, Con [NEA] ( CLehane@nea.org)
Date: 27 Feb 2004

... I can assure you he, along with Eddie Muller and Woody Haut, held the noir and hard-boiled banner--or is it banners?---high throughout the conference.

Sorry to become such a blabbermouth. I neglected to mention--male chauvinist dimwit that I am--the inimitable Marianne Moore, another rara-avian defending the honor of noir at LCC. She was a delight on the New Noir panel, chaired by Woody Haut, and did the best she could to carve out noir's place in the literary tradition. The rest of us, never having firmly grasped the meaning of noir in the first place, made little progress in coming to terms with the concept of 'new noir.' Con Lehane
******************************************************************* Only the individual sender is responsible for the content of the message, and the message does not necessarily reflect the position or policy of the National Education Association or its affiliates.