Re: RARA-AVIS: noir once and for all

From: Brian Thornton ( tieresias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 26 Feb 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Crider" < bcrider@houston.rr.com> To: < rara-avis@icomm.ca> Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 6:48 PM Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: noir once and for all

> Thanks for the compliment, Brian, but I'm afraid my books aren't quite up
> the noir and hardboiled standards of rara-avis, as much as I hate to admit
> it.

Bill-

If you're talking about standards of quality, I must respectfully disagree. I'd lot rather read your stuff than that of some of the authors we toss around daily (Ellroy, for example). If you mean that your writing is never dark enough, alright, fair enough, but all the same I enjoy the hell out of your writing.

All the Best-

Brian