Re: RARA-AVIS: noir once and for all

From: Brian Thornton ( tieresias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 26 Feb 2004

> It was a pleasure meeting Jim Doherty, however briefly, at LCC. I can
assure you he, along with Eddie Muller and Woody Haut, held the noir and hard-boiled banner--or is it banners?---high throughout the conference.

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Jim Doherty yet (although I certainly hope to!), but I did have the distinct pleasure of meeting Con Lehane (and it was a real pleasure, Con, especially attending your panel) at Bouchercon last October. Which reminds me: since we're all about having themed artist months, and Mr. Sallis (our latest featured author, whose discussions I've enjoyed immensely) writes more than just in our particular genre, I was wondering why we don't bring the featured author spot-light back to one of our own and ask Bill Crider whether we can have a Crider-themed month? I've currently working on his "Cursed to Death" and loving it.

Has this been done at some point before I joined this list a while back? Bill (Denton) am I out of line broaching this on the list? Hope not. It's just that I'm a fan of Crider, and gee, he's right here!

All the Best-

Brian Thornton