RARA-AVIS: 'Notes on the Lew Griffin novels'

From: Chris Martin ( cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 26 Feb 2004

February's about to run away from me (though she's taking a day longer than normal this year), and I never got around to posting on specific content from Jim's books other than Difficult Lives.

I'd like to point out that Jim's web page has two resources available that provide great insight into many details from the Griffin novels: 'Echoes & Mirrors: Cross-references in the Griffin novels' and 'Notes on the Lew Griffin novels,' both by Richard Martin.

There's so much going on in each of these books that these notes have been nice to have as I work my way through the books a second time. This was especially true for Eye of the Cricket, which I had a chance to read last weekend (doesn't look like I'll get to Ghost of a Flea before the month ends). I knew that I was missing or not fully understanding things the first time through, particularly regarding Ulysses and the Nighttown sequence, so these notes were great to have.

_________________________________________________________________ Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee when you click here. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963