RARA-AVIS: What We Talk About When We Talk About Fishing

From: chrisaschneider@earthlink.net
Date: 24 Feb 2004

Bill Crider wrote:
> It's been too long since I read
> LOVE AND DEATH IN THE AMERICAN NOVEL, but
> Fiedler might say that the scene with Good Old Bill
> was related to sex, all right.

" Come Back To The Fishin' Pond Ag'in, Bill Honey"?

(A joke that somebody must have made at some time, somewhere: What's worse than being written about by Leslie Fiedler? NOT being written about by Leslie Fiedler.)

Something tells me Eve Kosofsky Sedgwick, author of "Epistomology of the Closet," would also have a thing or two to say about these doin's.

c.