Re: RARA-AVIS: Question for Mr. Sallis

From: JimSallis@aol.com
Date: 23 Feb 2004

Dear David,

I love Charyn's work -- feel much the same affinity with him that I feel with Jack O'Connell, and for much the same reasons: intense originality, the way they offer up the very best of both literary and genre worlds....I wrote a brief review of Jerome's detective novels for The Review of Contemporary Fiction a while back and as always, with a writer of this magnitude, was honored to do so. But I also admire his "conjured autobiographies."

Jim