Re: RARA-AVIS: Joseph Hansen

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 21 Feb 2004

miker wrote:

"I'm not familiar with Hansen so I surfed a bit and checked him out and ordered the first Brandsetter. I think it's called FADEOUT. I hope it's a good one. Generally a series is best towards the beginning."

Actually, I think this was a series that grew as it progressed, but definitely start with the first. Although the set ups for the actual murders became somewhat formulaic (basically, they all revolve around several people moving through the scene of the crime and Brandsetter has to figure out who was there before, who after, in order to narrow the suspects down to one), the character development, particular of Dave and his intimates, became better and better.

As a sidenote, I don't remember this insurance investigator ever saving is company any money in benefits.

Mark