Re: RARA-AVIS: Larry Kent

From: Rene Ribic ( reneribic@bigpond.com)
Date: 14 Feb 2004

"Larry Kent" (I don't recall his real name) was an expatriate American who resided, and was originally published, in Australia. The Larry Kent novels, literally hundreds, were published in digest form from the 50's to 70's in Australia and were reprinted in many countries, I think Scandinavia being one place where they were particularly popular. The Larry Kent series began as a radio show titled "I Hate Crime", this motto later being printed on the front covers of the Aussie digests. If I recall, Larry Kent, who was the lead character as well as the "author" of the series, was a crime fighting reporter. I have a book about vintage Aussie paperbacks that may contain a little info. I'll check it out and see if I can come up with any more info.

Rene
----- Original Message ----- From: "Geir Glosvik" < gglosvik@online.no> To: < rara-avis@icomm.ca> Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2004 1:40 PM Subject: RARA-AVIS: Larry Kent

> There was a translated series by the name of Larry Kent in my country
in
> the 60's - along with Hank Janson and Carter Brown. I know very well
it
> wasn't great literature or crime fiction, but where was it produced?
( I
> think that's the right word). Australia, I guess. I know the history
of
> Hank Janson and Carter Brown, but I never read a word about Larry
Kent.

http://www.miskatonic.org/rara-avis/ .