RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V6 #29

From: Graham Powell ( bleekerbooks@hotmail.com)
Date: 12 Feb 2004

> > There are no Snakes in Ireland by Frederick Forsyth
> > The Two Bottles of Relish by Lord Dunsany

I've read several of the stories, but not all, and of the ones I've read these two stand out as being more or less hardboiled, the Forsyth certainly so. I was just thinking about Two Bottles of Relish today, in another context. Kind of creepy, that.

Incidentally, this is called "A Century Of *British* Mystery And Suspense"? At least a couple of these authors are Americans, including Patricia Highsmith and (I believe) Michael Z. Lewin. Based on the table of contents, this book looks pretty good.

Graham