Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Jim Sallis' influences

From: JimSallis@aol.com
Date: 09 Feb 2004

Dear Brian,

Thank you. You've a rare treat in store for you with Machado de Assis.

As to what book of mine I'd suggest, I suppose it depends upon your taste. My best novels are (to my mind) Eye of the Cricket, Ghost of a Flea and Cypress Grove. My wife's favorite is Moth. I've a soft spot in my heart for the Himes biography and my collection of poems, Sorrow's Kitchen.

Some of the kids may be ugly or a bit peculiar, but we love them all....

Jim