Fw: RARA-AVIS: John MacDonald's colors

From: Pat Zeitoun ( pwz@tca.net)
Date: 07 Feb 2004

As an artist I LOVE MacDonald's declared use of color. .. simply identification. I am reminded about a film where Modigliani was working on one of his tall, rangy, big-footed sculptures. Artists and historians had written for years about the symbolism of the exaggeratedly large feet. Until, on the film, Modigliani is sculpting away and talking: "Now the feet. The GD feet. I've never known what to do with the GD feet!!

Art is usually so simple. Critics make up most of the symbolic bs.

Cheers,

PatZ