Re: RARA-AVIS: Sallis and a hundred more

From: JimSallis@aol.com
Date: 05 Feb 2004

Good Morning, All.

Just a quick note to thank all of you -- Bill Denton for his welcome message, my old friend Bill Crider, Luca Conti, Michael Robison -- for your interest in, and your support of, my work. I can only hope you understand how much this means to someone who labors in silence and solitude. Hopkins may have had it right that "Sheer plod makes plow down sillion shine," but the farmer would still like to look up from time to time and see lunch getting brought. Thank you all for these wonderful lunches.

Jim Sallis