RE: RARA-AVIS: Sallis

From: Luca Conti ( luca.conti8@tin.it)
Date: 03 Feb 2004

Bill Crider wrote:
> As usual, I do things at the wrong time. I believe I may have
> mentioned a month or so ago that I'd read Sallis's latest novel,
> CYPRESS GROVE.

That's the novel I am just translating into Italian. It will be out in May, the first Sallis novel ever to be published in Italy. I've been trying for years to have Sallis translated in my country, with no results. Luckily I succeeded in persuading a small but very interesting publishing house to buy the rights of all the Sallis novels. CYPRESS GROVE will be the first, then we will start with the Lew Griffin series. I am inordinately proud af all this :-))

Luca Conti