RE: RARA-AVIS: (Man) Booker Prize: Williams beats it to death.

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 03 Feb 2004

Since its 1969 inception, most have gone to Brits, including emigrants to the UK. Not by any means exclusively.

So, Chris, you're right, it's NOTHING like the NBA. Thanks for setting me straight. TM

http://www.bookerprize.co.uk/aboutprize/previous.html

-----Original Message----- From: cs_will@btopenworld.com Todd wrote:
>It's open to books by citizens of the Commonwealth, which
>excludes the US, and the Republic of Ireland.
>
>But it usually goes to Brits. Hence "roughly."

Not true. No British writer has won it for half a decade.