Re: RARA-AVIS: The Bugles blow

From: David Moran ( davidm@shakespeare-nyc.com)
Date: 01 Feb 2004

Not terribly long ago, there was an article...somewhere (New York Times book review?) about Freeling and how great he was. Unfortunately, pretty much nothing of his is available in the United States (that I can find, at least); partly the article was about how the author felt Freeling was in need of a little publishing renaissance (funny how these things run in cycles). I'm distressed to hear your pretty negative sounding assessment of him. Does anyone else here have an opinion on him? Is he worth the trouble of trying to track down some of his books in used stores or on eBay?

David Moran