Re: RARA-AVIS: European valuations of genre fiction

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 31 Jan 2004

Marc, interesting comments on Brit professors on Chandler. Were they equally inclusive of British crime writers?

And Betsy, you quite rightly pointed out Graham Greene as a writer who shifted between literary and crime fiction. Still, didn't Greene draw a disinction between his two kinds of writing, calling the latter
"entertainments"? I haven't read a whole lot of his work, but I would certainly rate his "entertainment" Brighton Rock quite highly.

Mark