RARA-AVIS: Stephen Hunter's BLACK LIGHT

From: Ed Lynskey ( e_lynskey@yahoo.com)
Date: 31 Jan 2004

> William Denton wrote:
>
> Anyone picked up anything good lately? I just got an advance
> reading copy
> of the new one from George Pelecanos, which made me very
> happy.

IIRC, Mr. Hunter's books have been mentioned by rara-avians. I've meaning to read one of his titles and picked up BLACK LIGHT. The action and pace made for an awesome read. But the author also uses the almost 400 pages to full effect with multiple viewpoints, character development, atmospheric setting
(Ozark style), and a visceral prose style. If there was any bloat or padding, then I missed it. I'll look for his other titles in the "Earl Swagger trilogy." (ES was a protagonist.)

Ed Lynskey

=====