RARA-AVIS: Bad Luck w/ Leonard

From: Chris Martin ( cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 23 Jan 2004

My maxim for the Leonard crime novel is "Detroit setting = great novel." Any other setting can be hit and miss (though he did do a bang up job w/ Rwanda as a setting a few years back in Pagan Babies, which is the only one of his more recent novels I've been all that crazy about). But even in the novels I don't care for all that much, the dialogue keeps me reading to the end.

_________________________________________________________________ Learn how to choose, serve, and enjoy wine at Wine @ MSN. http://wine.msn.com/