Re: RARA-AVIS: Bad luck with Leonard

From: Ed Poe ( eddyapoe@yahoo.com)
Date: 23 Jan 2004

Miker,

You and I must be the only two guys on the planet who don't get Elmore Leonard. I have an entire shelf in my library devoted to his books, all of which are half read. While I recognize his genius with dialogue, everything else about his work leaves me cold. I even picked up GLITZ for the second time (1985, regarded as his breakout novel) a few months ago and quit about a third of the way through it.

Different strokes.

--Ed

Michael Robison < zspider@gte.net> wrote: I haven't had good luck with Leonard. I attempted reading something called GET SHORTY a long time ago and couldn't even finish it. And that's unusual for me. I finish nine out of ten that I start.