RARA-AVIS: Re: Walter Mosley

From: Graham Powell ( bleekerbooks@hotmail.com)
Date: 22 Jan 2004

David mentioned Easy Rawlins' desire to own property and be a landlord. I think his craving for a normal life, and for legitimacy, is a running thread through the books, at least the ones I've read. And I thought that in BAD BOY BRAWLY BROWN he saw some significant changes that go a ways towards achieving that. In particular, he gives a white cop some information, and the cop takes his word for it, something Easy was surprised at. And at the end of SIX EASY PIECES he's got his own office and is thinking of becoming a legitimate PI.

Graham