RARA-AVIS: Hear, Hear!

From: Bludis Jack ( buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 20 Jan 2004

Kevin Burton Smith responds to Mark.

>Could it be that those making these claims feel
insecure about enjoying
>genre fiction and feel a need to elevate any
they do enjoy to give it
>legitimacy?

Kevin responds:

Yes, and those who in turn automatically sneer at academics are just as full of it. Snobbery cuts both ways.

It's about time that someone point out that out.

(I went through a period of reverse snobbery myself.)

Welllll . . . maybe I haven't lost it completely--but I'm trying.

Jack Bludis

===== http://JackBludis.com At Left Coast Crime The short-story panel