RARA-AVIS: Re: faculty scum

From: Frederick Zackel ( fzackel@wcnet.org)
Date: 20 Jan 2004

Where I teach, reading (or writing) "genre fiction" is admitting you are subhuman and pathetic, a gooey, stinky obstacle on the sidewalk to walk around. But, you know, we must be strong, and so we will walk around you after all.

On the other hand, maybe it's personal.

Maybe I'm "subhuman and pathetic, a gooey, stinky obstacle on the sidewalk to walk around. But, you know, we must be strong, and so we will walk around you after all."

I have been a pariah here for years.

And while I have a moment, please let thank the rara-avians who have helped me locate Hammett & Chandler sources for my California Literature classes.

Frederick Zackel

BTW: Research at the University of Chicago has shown that extroverted lab rats live longer than politically correct ones. In Australia and New Zealand they sell maps of the world with the south pole on top.