RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: Hardboiled SF novels: Smith

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 15 Jan 2004

Oh, the list Bill has posted several times includes science fiction (I still shudder at "sci-fi" as a nickname), horror, and fantasy hb fiction. I'd definitely suggest adding Ron Goulart's Max Kearney to your list of horror/fantasy PIs (even if he's only a part-time psychic investigator).

And SF to me usually denotes the broadly inclusive speculative fiction, rather than the more narrow term science fiction, sf.

NPR currently reporting on Mormon-oriented films. Wonder if any of those are HB? Or noirish? TM

-----Original Message----- From: owner-rara-avis@icomm.ca [mailto: owner-rara-avis@icomm.ca]On Of possible interest to followers of this month's thread are the following lists on my site:

DOWN THOSE MEAN SKIES: SCI-FI P.I.'S http://www.thrillingdetective.com/trivia/triv20.html

I AIN'T AFRAID OF NO GHOSTS: FANTASY AND OCCULT EYES http://www.thrillingdetective.com/trivia/triv10.html

Yeah, what does Fantasy and Occult have to do with it? But there's a lot of wiggle room once you start mixing and matching genres.