Re: RARA-AVIS: writings by Hammett & Chandler

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@thrillingdetective.com)
Date: 13 Jan 2004

James wrote:

>There is a website I found that has a pdf version of
>"The Simple Art of Murder" at
>www.adamranson.freeserve.co.uk/The%20Art%20of%20Murder%20%5Bv6.0%5D.PDF

Unfortunately, after just a quick glance, it's obvious it's not the complete text, but a seriously truncated version. The good news is that the whole essay is available in the easily found collection of the same name.

It's tempting to actually run the whole thing on my site, but I sure don't want to get tossed in the hoosegow for it....

--

Kevin Burton Smith The 2003 Cheap Thrill Awards are back. Vote now, vote often -- for the best in P.I. Fiction. http://www.thrillingdetective.com -- # Plain ASCII text only, please. Anything else won't show up. # To unsubscribe from the regular list, say "unsubscribe rara-avis" to # majordomo@icomm.ca. This will not work for the digest version. # The web pages for the list are at http://www.miskatonic.org/rara-avis/ .