RE: RARA-AVIS: Richard Matheson: Ty

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 07 Jan 2004

Indeed, "The Distributor" sounds right, thanks...and I seem to remember the title "Blood Son" for the Dracula-obsessed-boy story (though I think it's been published under at least two titles)...you'll find that although his prose is at times very sloppy, he is usually more than worth reading. TM

-----Original Message----- From: Andrew Albert J. Ty
 RARA-AVIS: Richard Matheson, "Twilight Zone": Robison

Unlike "I am Legend," whose strength, at least for me, relies on how he tries to come up with explanations for vampirism, "The Distributor" is left rather enigmatic. These two, along with his boy-obsessed-with-Dracula short story "Drink my Blood" and "The Holiday Man," are what I've read so far from his writings, but they've all been quite satisfying, especially how he ends them.