Re: RARA-AVIS: Richard Matheson, "Twilight Zone"

From: JIM DOHERTY ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 03 Jan 2004

Miker,

Re your recollection below:

> Matheson wrote the "Nightmare
> at 20,000 Feet" which
> was
> one of the episodes in the Twilight Zone movie, the
> one in which I think Vic
> Morrow was killed during the filming (I could be way
> off base, here.
> Sometimes
> I get confused.).

"Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" was the sequence at the end of the movie with John Lithgow as a plane passenger who can't convince anyone that a monster is eating the wing. William Shatner played the part in the original TV version.

The sequence with Vic Morrow was the one about the bigot who "leaps" in and out of various victims of racial prejudice. I believe it was original to the movie, not based on a previous TV episode.

JIM DOHERTY