Re: RARA-AVIS: The Daly Story

From: Larry Newton ( ldnewton2@comcast.net)
Date: 04 Dec 2003

I agree about it being pure pulp and should only be read with that in mind. Great literature? Hardly, but it wasn't intended to be that. I was introduced to the hardboiled genre a couple of years ago by reading Race Williams stories. It opened up a whole new world for me and I'm glad I've read everything I could get my hands on that Daly wrote.

Race Williams - pulp entertainment Philip Marlowe & Sam Spade - pulp and literature

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Robison" < zspider@gte.net> To: < rara-avis@icomm.ca> Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 7:24 PM Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: The Daly Story