Re: RARA-AVIS: Dark and funny

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 04 Dec 2003

miker wrote:

"Thanks for stirring my memory, Mark. For some reason the two Chandlers I have read have been morphed in my mind into a very unfunny, brooding, saturnine stew."

You say that like it's a bad thing (actually you don't, but one should never let facts get in the way of a good line). Actualy, that's why I think some of the wisecracks are so funny, kind of laughing into the abyss. Willeford, of course, was a master at finding the humor in the darkest of places.

Mark