Re: RARA-AVIS: Highsmith, Nation review

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 03 Dec 2003

Occasional Doug wrote: Some titles, by the way, may be different in British versions/translations. Highsmith isn't traditionally hard-boiled (which works by me), but I'd say she's definitely worth reading beyond Ripley and "Strangers on a Train."

***************** I recently rented a DVD of Strangers on a Train and there was an American version of the movie on one side and a British version on the other. Great movie. I only watched one version. Smiled when I saw Hitchcock himself getting on the train. Although Highsmith might not be hardboiled, I think she is definitely noir. That's actually an assumption on my part. I have yet to read anything by Highsmith. Need to fix that one of these days.

miker