Re: RARA-AVIS: One Dame's Comment (Plus A Few Recommendations)

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 28 Nov 2003

I suggest Theodore Sturgeon, Fritz Leiber and Donald Wandrei, three authentic pulpsters and fine storytellers. Wandrei and Leiber are so weird that they defy classification.

How about Edgar Rice Burroughs, another classic pulpster? I've been rereading the Tarzan series and I plan to move on to his science fiction work.

Fredric Brown is not hardboiled, but he wrote many noir SF stories.

Yes to Bradbury, of course.

Regards,

MrT