RARA-AVIS: hardboiled science fiction

From: Joy Matkowski ( jmatkowski1@comcast.net)
Date: 28 Nov 2003

That sounds good to me, miker. I don't like science fiction because it's so unrealistic, but I haven't read more than a tiny bit because I don't like it.
    I didn't like British mysteries because I didn't know there was anything beyond that posh stuff, featuring people with no visible means of support and their lackeys, until we had BritNoir month, which opened my eyes (and wallet).
    Maybe an HBSF month--in January, when I plan to have lots of gift certificates?--can do the same. Would anybody knowledgeable like to volunteer?

Joy