RARA-AVIS: crime statistics

From: Jennifer Howard ( howardjen@washpost.com)
Date: 28 Nov 2003

Hello everybody,

Forgive me if this is wildly off-topic, but I thought that some of the writers out there might have helpful hints on where to turn up statistics about a certain crime--in this case, female bigamy. I've turned up a few British stats but nothing stateside, not even in the Bureau of Justice Statistics databases; either it's such a rare crime they don't bother to keep stats on it, or they've lumped it in some more general category. If anyone has any research pointers, I'd be grateful. Note to my husband: This is for research purposes only.

Thanks very much.

Jennifer Howard