RARA-AVIS: Charles Willeford

From: Geir Glosvik ( gglosvik@online.no)
Date: 22 Nov 2003

I just finished a 3-novel volume from NoExitPress: Pick Up, The Burnt Orange Heresy & Cockfighter. What a writer that man was! I read his Hoke Moseley books a few years back, but these were even better. I just can't help believing in these fucked-up characters, and I feel to the bone that he believes them as well. Are these cockfighters still going on strong down there in 'the deep south' of the US of A? And about Pick Up: Thankfully I didn't remember till I read the last sentence of the book that someone had mentioned just that clue sometime here on rara-avis. Getting old is not so bad after all.

Regards, Geir Glosvik