RARA-AVIS: Katy Munger's tough PI

From: Ed Lynskey ( e_lynskey@yahoo.com)
Date: 21 Nov 2003

Last night I finished up reading Katy Munger's BETTER OFF DEAD starring a tough female PI Casey Jones. It was a terrific read, for me. The well-paced action keeps coming and the author writes in a sharp, breezy style. The rich humor had me laughing aloud and only Charles Willeford and Richard S. Prather have done that. No, I have to include Mr. Lansdale, too. (Well, I'm sure others have.). IIRC, Ms. Munger was discussed here recently and is from the Tart Noir camp. There are a few other titles in the series I'll put in my TBR piles.

Ed Lynskey

=====