RARA-AVIS: TJ Parker and Ross Macdonald

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 08 Nov 2003

Doug Bassett wrote:
> T Jefferson Parker's LAGUNA HEAT seems to me to be a
> fairly straightforward Ross Macdonald homage.

************************** I haven't read enough of Ross Macdonald to have him filed in a particular hardboiled cabinet. I think the one I read of his, THE DARK TUNNEL, is one of his first, before Lew Archer became a standard. But I did read somewhere that Ross eventually locked into a broken family theme. If that's the case, then I'd agree with Doug that LAGUNA HEAT fits the bill. TJ Parker's book dealt with both the detective's family and the family involved in the murder case.

miker