Re: RARA-AVIS: Catching up...

From: John Williams ( johnwilliams@ntlworld.com)
Date: 05 Nov 2003

> Kevin:
>
> "Although a lot of people seem to work in the fields Macdonald first
> sowed, few have ever tried to capture his voice, so I'm stuck wondering
> who COULD do it. Thomas Cook? Margaret Atwood?"
>
> Stephen Greenleaf

Greenleaf's a good call, Robert Ferrigno wouldn't be bad either or Jefferson Parker, nor our own Dick Lochte, or even - at the risk of provoking some serious abuse - Sue Grafton. If you want a more left field choice, then few people seem to mention the evident influence of MacDonald on Ellroy - especially in The Big Nowhere - but probably the writer I'd most like to see have a crack would be Ken Nunn

John