Re: RARA-AVIS: The Long Lavender Look

From: Ed Lynskey ( e_lynskey@yahoo.com)
Date: 19 Oct 2003

--- William Denton < buff@pobox.com> wrote:

> THE LONG LAVENDER LOOK (1970) is the twelfth Travis McGee
> novel by John D.
> MacDonald.
> The plot gets a little confused towards the
> end, when they're figuring out the details of a robbery and
> talking about people who are never seen, but it all comes to a
> nice conclusion.

Bill,

You've intrigued me with this JD MacDonald title. Are the
"people who're nver seen" you refer to never introduced beforehand in the plot by name or are they not viewed by McGee and Meyers?

Ed Lynskey

P.S. I finished Ross Macdonald's THE IVORY GRIN which was commented on the rara-avis archives. The rich lady client makes her obligatory appearance but the plot doesn't really involve her that much. Archer is out smashing mouths and blasting his piece. Also, there's an interesting (at least to me)twist at the ending.

Currently reading Craig Holden's THE RIVER SORROW with dj blurbs from Mr. Crumley and Mr. Ellroy.

=====