Re: RARA-AVIS: Manuel Vằuez Montalbn

From: Steve Novak ( Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 18 Oct 2003

Thank you for mentioning this: he was a wonderful writer and had many more
'strings to his bow' ...poems, bios, etc...and he was a giant of Spanish letters and his influence on crime and especially 'noir' writing is very important...and his culinary taste and receipes were a wonderful tribute to Spanish and especially Catalan food...A sad day indeed for all fans of writing and 'crime' writing in particular...

He died in Bankok airport on his way back to Spain from a series of lectures in Australia on crime writing...

He had recived numerous awards in France for his writing and had series on French TV and was preparing a new one...

Steve Novak