Re: RARA-AVIS: Philip Marlowe on OTR

From: John Wiese ( jwiese@earthlink.net)
Date: 17 Oct 2003

I just listened to the first couple of minutes of each of these episodes and they are virtually the same and are drawn pretty much straight from the original story. The only difference I noted in the first couple of minutes was when the bartender mispronounced Marlowe's name as Marlin and Marlowe replied that marlin is a fish and also the name of a female radio personality. The latter line only appeared in one of the episodes. My guess is that the two shows are very similar.

John