Re: RARA-AVIS: GNOD

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 11 Oct 2003

<<The most similar to Hammett is Chandler is Tabuchi>>

The between the first two and the great Tabucchi is mysterious. Inexplicable.

What I see is Tabucchi = E硠de Queiroz + Calvino. All three are far removed from our Hammett-Chandler axis of hardboiledness.

I can just see the Master's thesis: Closures, gleanings and refrendations: From Padre Amaro to Sostiene Pereira via Philip Marlowe."

Best, and if you haven't read E硠de Queiroz and Tabucchi, you are missing something special. If you haven't read Calvino, you are missing almost everything.

Mario