RE: RARA-AVIS: YA Noir: Meaker

From: Marijane Meaker ( mjmeaker@yahoo.com)
Date: 10 Oct 2003

Todd, I didn't have the luxury of writing short things since I made my living solely by writing, I did sell a few to Ellery Queen, but there really weren't many more magazines that were interested in suspense. A pity because I love to do short stories and have done many for YA anthologies as ME Kerr. I also used to write slicks which paid well, magazines like Cosmopolitan and Ladies Home Journal under the pseudonym Laura Winston. Also to a small magazine called Compact. MM/VP