RARA-AVIS: Spillane

From: Kerry Schooley ( gsp.schoo@skylinc.net)
Date: 08 Oct 2003

Mickey Spillane's novel, "Something's Down There," will be released by Simon & Schuster in December.

Vern Smith says: All right, I confess. After giving up on Mickey Spillane's last two novels
- The Killing Man and Black Alley - I started thinking the so-called Grand Master of Mystery had lost his edge. But stop the presses on this literary obit already.

Now, while others will rush to proclaim as much, I'm not saying Something's Down There is Spillane's best. His 1947 debut, I, the Jury, remains one of the finest crime books ever, and a damn tough act to follow. That said, this new one is just as tough to compare to the rest of the catalogue.

More at http://www.murderoutthere.com/rev-Somethingdown.html

Best Kerry

------------------------------------------------------ Literary events Calendar (South Ont.) http://www.lit-electric.com The evil men do lives after them http://www.murderoutthere.com