Re: RARA-AVIS: Tarantino's plot

From: Mark Sullivan (
Date: 07 Oct 2003

Richard, that was my first thought upon hearing the plot, too, and QT's got to be familiar with the Truffaut film, if not the Wollrich original. I mean, he named his production company after an Americanization of a Goddard title -- A Band Apart. However, as is usual with Tarantino, going past the basic premise, he took from a whole lot of other sources, too -- for instance, unlike Bride, the initial killing is not random and the surviving wife is a pro, not an amateur. I'm really looking forward to the film.