RE: RARA-AVIS: Gorman's Noir Westerns, and others: Crider

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 06 Oct 2003

And don't forget such other Gorman worthies as DARK TRAIL (which I think was first published in the Evans hardcover line of westerns, now I fear vanished) or the recent LYNCHED, a Berkley release iinm. Bill Pronzini's collection ALL THE LONG YEARS also comes to mind as relevant, a Leisure release also iinm. Mike take note!

H. A. De Rosso and possibly Steve Frazee wrote noirish westerns for the Gold Medal line back when, didn't they?

TM

-----Original Message----- From: Bill Crider [mailto: bcrider@houston.rr.com]

You're right, Todd. Gorman wrote a couple of terrific noir westerns for Gold Medal a few years ago. WOLF MOON was one. I think THE SHARPSHOOTER was the other, but I'm not sure of that title.